Have a Question? Email me at nestyourbestblog@gmail.com I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Fall Decor on a Budget - Restyle, Rework, Reinvent

Look at me with some regular posts!  You know I love fall and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to share how we've brought the season inside.  Today's post is brought to you by the letter "R".  Three "R's" to be exact.  Restyle, Rework, Reinvent.

Last year I went with a rustic glam look with gold and silver pumpkins and pine cones.  You can check that out here.



I followed the same color pallet this year, but reworked some of my vignettes to keep it fresh.  I'm a firm believer in using what you have and making it feel fresh.  Mister had some extensive work done to his car recently so new decor just wasn't in the budget.  Does that mean we sit around and let everyone else have all the fun?  No way!  Restyle, rework, reinvent!

My favorite way to start any new decorating project is to take everything I have to work with and put it all on one table.  Then, I "shop" from there.  It's pretty fun and I always come up with a new way to use things I already had.

Here's a look at our fall entry...






It really just makes me smile every time I pass by.  And isn't that what decorating is all about?

Our dining room is very visible when you enter our home so it also got a little pumpkiny glam.  I just love the way the tray corrals the big pumpkins.





Little collected all the pine cones.  He was very excited to help!



The mantle is full of color and texture.  I love the mix of bright foliage, rough nature textures, and pretty mercury glass.





The acorn art was a special project with Little.  I'll post more about that later...



So there you have it.  Not a dime spent, but a whole new look from last year.

Are you restyling this year or making a few stops around town for new decor?

XO,
  Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts